All About Reflective Tape – Click Here to go to main site.
For many decades, reflective sheeting has played a major role in enhancing night time visibility and safety. It has saved countless numbers of lives and will continue to do so.
Reflective tape or sheeting is also called retro-reflective sheeting in that it collects and returns light back to the source of that light. Regardless of which direction the light comes from, the reflective material collects it, focuses it, and returns it back to the light source. This is what makes it so unique.
Reflective tape is used voluntarily all over the world to help objects to be seen in low light conditions. Also, there are several government regulations that mandate the use of retro-reflective tape in certain situations. These include the :
- NFPA 1901 regulations for Chevron Striping on Fire Apparatus
- Federal C-2 DOT regulations mandating the use of reflective tape on tractor trailer rigs.
- FRA 224 regulations for train marking
- State and Federal school bus reflective marking requirements.
- ANSI/ASAE S276.7/S279.15 standards for agricultural equipment.
- Coast Guard SOLAS regulations for offshore applications.
- MUTCD standards for Sign Sheeting on DOT regulated roadways.
The site includes diagrams, pictures and videos to help you understand how this amazing product works and how it helps us every night to get where we are going safely.